Autism affects people differently and that’s why our autism care services are different for everybody. We take pride in being the only centre in Uganda dedicated exclusively to autism.
Our aim is to help individuals with autism to achieve their goals;
- To be part of a community
- To learn new skills
- To get a job
- Or to move into their own home or specialist autism care homes.
To develop support services for autism we need to know what works for each individual; day to day problems, things that they enjoy, their strengths and weaknesses and what they want to do with their lives.
Focus of Intervention
Programming focuses on improving the following areas:
- • Attention and Cooperation
- • Motivation for Learning
- • Verbal Behavior/ Communication Skills
- • Self-help and Toileting
- • Play and Leisure Skills
- • Social Interaction
- • Supplemental Academic Programming
- • Other Developmentally Appropriate Skills
Programming may also focus on reducing challenging behaviors, such as:
- • Non compliance
- • Self-Injurious-Behavior
- • Tantrums
- • Stereotypy
- • Transitioning Difficulties
- • Other Problematic or Disruptive Behaviors
We ensure each child receives a seamless and consistent program of instruction with integrated services.
The Dorna Centre advocates for the rights and interests of people with ASD, and endeavors to ensure that they have access to quality services appropriate for their unique needs. The Dorna Centre is doing this by providing Early Intervention Services, running a program for children who are without access to educational services, facilitating parent support groups, working with the local education and health services, providing training, creating access to appropriate information on Autism and lobbying